- Best race experience? Well, I only ran two races and didn't 'race' either of them. My favorite of the two was the Sprint Triathlon I did the end of Sept. I think I smiled for a week after that baby. Seriously fun stuff!
- Best run? That would be the little biathlon I did. I don't count it as a race because it was really more of a fun run for me since I did it just 2 days after I got the green light to run.
- Best new piece of gear? I love my YMX shirt that I won...as in I would sleep in it if Bill wouldn't laugh at me. But I think my Saucony Kinvara 2's are the best thing I got this year. Without them, I'd still be in my old shoes which were trashing my hip and flaring my PF in my left foot.
- Best piece of running advice you received? Rest days are good, necessary, and beneficial to your mind and your body.
- Most inspirational runner? I have 2. Miss Zippy and my friend L. Miss Zippy spent most of this year injured, and L has spent the last 3 months injured. Both stayed in touch with me and encouraged me while I was injured, and both maintained positive attitudes while they were injured, not letting the situation dictate their response, but rather looking at they could do instead of what they couldn't. Long awkward sentence but my brain is fried
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? An exercise in patience and an opportunity to learn contentment in all things.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Year In Review Ala Miss Zippy
Miss Zippy has asked us all to do a little year end running report. It's fun to look back and reflect on things so here ya go....