You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 Things Thursday

1. I am not a good cook. Not even a mediocre one. But I thought it would be fun to make some peanut/popcorn brittle to give folks at Christmas.
Batch #1- didn't heat the sugar goo to a high enough temp and forgot the baking soda so the concoction never hardened
Batch #2 - wasn't paying attention while stirring and *melted* my spoon. sad, I know
Batch #3 - turned out pretty darn good so it's bagged up and ready for St Nick to deliver

2. I went swimming today and it was pretty much a suckfest. I felt awful, sluggish, hungry, tired and my head hurt like crazy. So I swam a slow mile and then aqua-jogged 300 yds.

3. I had weaned myself off coffee earlier this year. But I *love* pumpkin spice lattes. Love them. So around Thanksgiving I started drinking no more than 3 a week. I should have done decaf though because I think that's why my head hurt today. January 1 I start the weaning process again, and hopefully next Thanksgiving I'll remember to do decaf.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails