You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 02, 2010

80 Miles with Tall Mom

It's hard to believe it's September already!  On August 2nd Tall Mom challenged us to run 80 miles in August. My training plan had me scheduled for just 71 miles but I figured I could add 2+ extra miles a week with no trouble.

I must have forgotten about the 2 extra miles/week because yesterday I found myself just over 6 miles short, and I need to finish packing for the weekend, and oh yea, I homeschool two kids with a  toddler under foot. Easy peasy!

Run, Tracy! Run!
I stole this clip art from Tall Mom's blog post

Also because of the holiday weekend I have to move my long run to Friday instead of Saturday so I knew I couldn't just bust out 6 miles in this insane heat and humidity and expect my long run to be any good. Sooo I dragged the kids to the tow path with their bikes (though Ella opted to ride in the stroller, lucky me!). I hoped to run 4.5 miles so I'd only need to run 1.5 today, but that twas not to be.


If you've read my blog for any length of time then you know that my 4 year old is the wild card in our little family. We never know what each day will bring with him and the pendulum is rarely sitting calmly in the middle. It's swings very widely and can go from extremely happy to extremely NOT happy in an instant. And that's what we got on the tow path. So 4.15 miles it was. Which meant I needed to hop on the treadmill for a quick 2 miles this morning.

So what running fun did August bring? 

I ran two races. The Women's Distance Festival 5K where I finished with a new 5K PR- 29:11. And the Run For The Pie 10K which was a lot of fun and quite hilly. I finished with a time of 1:07:06.

I registered for my next goal race, Freedom's Run Half Marathon, which is on October 2- just ONE month away!!

Break It Down (in my best DJ Lance voice- I hate Yo Gabba Gabba but my kids love it and their songs are so darn catchy!):

Aug 1-7 = 12.1 miles of running, 20 miles on the bike, and 5 days of boot camp

Aug 8-14 = 15.28 miles of running, 0 miles on the bike, and 4 days of boot camp

Aug 15-21 = 17.22 miles of running, 0 miles on the bike, 3 days of core work and 2 days of legs

Aug 22-28 = 20.96 miles of running, 23.14 miles on the bike, 3 days of core work and 1 day of legs

Aug 29-Sep 2 = 14.58 miles of running and 0 miles on the bike, 2 days of core and 1 day of legs (I'll run 9 miles tomorrow for a weekly total of 23.58)

This gives August a total of 80.14 running miles and 53.14 biking miles!

1 comment:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Nice job getting those miles in even with a melt down. (been there!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails