You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Movin' on up

I think I have furniture ADD because I feel like I have to rearrange the furniture on a regular basis. I get bored with the same layout and moving the furniture is easier than painting and cheaper than buying new furniture.

Last year, I moved the schoolroom to the basement, and while it was a lot more space,  I pretty much hated having it down there.  I toughed it out until April when I woke up one morning, and decided that I was moving it back upstairs. So I did.

Since Jake has graduated (I'm still processing that!), I left all the 'grown up' books downstairs, and still I had to put a bookshelf in Ella's room with non-school books because not all the kid books would fit on the shelves in the schoolroom. We like to read just a little bit.

So here's the wall o' books and other stuff, and Shane's little desk

In addition to loving books, we also love maps. I hate not knowing where someplace is when people are talking about travel or the news. I also don't want my kids to be the knucklehead in a The Man on the Street interview who doesn't know that Europe is not a country in Africa.

Space is the next frontier and what we're studying for science this year. I realize Saturn looks a little wonky but I stapled it up there so that's where it stays until I take it down next spring (or I get tired of looking at its wonkiness).

The big window that I love looking out while daydreaming when I should be teaching

So there's our little schoolroom. I'm almost excited for school to start. Almost.

5 comments:

Kovas Palubinskas said...

I love moving things around, though it drives my wife crazy. What if the next set-up is the perfect one?

Tracy said...

Exactly! You gotta move stuff around to be sure.
It used to drive my husband crazy but he's used to it now.

Teamarcia said...

Love it! I hate to say it but other than turn our breakfast room into a playroom, the furniture in our house has stayed virtually the same for 9 years...can you say rut?

Kelly said...

Congrats, Tracy! you won the Anti Monkey-Butt Powder giveaway on trimommylife.com! Shoot me an email with your info, and I will hook you up!

Tracy said...

Marcia! 9 years! Wow. We've lived here for 9 years and I don't think there's one piece of furniture or wall hanging that is in its original spot. I think I'm impressed with your consistency. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails