You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Evening runs during VBS

My three youngest are attending vacation Bible school at a church just down the road from us. It runs from 6 to 8:30, is free (woot!), and the kids completely love it (no dragging kids in, peeling them off my leg, and running for the door).

I decided to use this new found free time to run or bike which means I'll have to switch from early morning runs to evening runs. If you know me, you know my stomach and I aren't always on speaking terms so I'll have to be careful about what I eat and when I eat it.

Last night Hank's track club met for a run on the tow path. I had 3.5 miles on the schedule so Jake and I got there early to run a quick two on our own and then run 2 more with the group.

I don't know if knowing I needed to get back by a certain fueled me or not. What I do know is that I ran the first mile in 8:37 and felt great! I ran the return mile just 3 seconds slower. Hello!

Of course this was the night everyone arrived early so the 'fast' group was heading out just as we were finishing. I was hoping for a little bit of a rest but that was not to be. I walked a bit and started up again.  I caught the 'not fast' group and ran 2 more with them. 

It felt pretty slow as the coach's wife (CW) and I chugged along. I was very surprised to see we ran 1.9 miles at a 9:42 pace. Not bad at all!

1 comment:

abbi said...

Sounds like a great run!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails