You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Weekly Recap

I can't believe it's been a whole week since I've posted anything. Goodness! You might think I was lounging by the pool or sitting around sipping fruity drinks, but that's not correct.  We've been running around like crazy people lately, and I'm so mad at myself for not taking *any* pictures!

Monday I took Shane to Towson to participate in a Johns Hopkins study about fire safety for kids. We sat and watched a couple of very corny cartoons and they talked to him about what he remembered (which was darn little). Their assumption (I'm assuming) is that kids his age watch tons of TV. They showed him all sorts of pictures of TV characters- cartoon and other kid shows - and he didn't know any of them. Not one. Now if they had shown him stuff from the History Channel, he would have been all over it. He did get a fire hat and coloring book out of it so it wasn't a total loss.

That night Hank and I met some of the folks from his track club at the C&O canal tow path for an easy run. I was hoping there would be lots of people there so Hank could run 2 miles and I could run 4. But there was just a handful of folks so the guys took off for ~10 miles and Hank and I ran 2 miles with his coach and another girl. His coach is coming off a knee injury so I stayed back with him while Hank and the other girl zoomed  away.  Hank did a great job on this run; we may consider having him train for a 5K just to see what he can do. When I got home, I put Ella and Shane in the stroller and ran another 2 past the 'stinky barn' as Shane says when we go by the dairy farm.

Tuesday was spent getting ready to go out of town Wednesday and Thursday and a whole lotta boot camp training since I knew I wouldn't have time on Wednesday or Thursday to do it.

Wednesday we got up at 2am to drive to Waynesboro, VA for a Chick-Fil-A opening (yes, we're strange, but we're ok with that). The kids had a blast playing silly games and running around with all the other kids. Between getting very little sleep and the heat, I was wiped out, completely done for. Thankfully I was able to convince them to rest for a little while after lunch so I could take a nap.

Thursday was all about daddy's birthday dinner. I'm a horrible cook so even the simplest meals test me. We thought lasagne and salad would be yummy and homemade lasagne isn't that hard to make...unless you accidentally buy the noodles you have to cook in advance and you don't buy enough Ricotta cheese. In the end, it was edible and the strawberry cake banana splits were yummy.

Friday was supposed to be a 3 mile run but it was hotter than heck so I cut it short to 2.6 miles. Then Grandpop and Lisa met us for dinner to celebrate Bill's birthday. It was so yummy, and I ate so much that I hurt. Bad choice, but each day is a new opportunity to make better choices. It's always good to see Bill, Sr and Lisa.

Saturday is my long run day. Bill said he'd get up with me and ride his bike while I ran, but he didn't sleep well so I was on my own. I decided to do a loop I haven't done in a while which is 4.5 - 5 depending on where you start. Not quite a mile into it a little dog popped out of a corn field and started following me. He was well-fed, clean and had a collar so he belongs to someone. Part of this loop is on a really busy road. It has a shoulder, but this little guy wasn't exactly running in a nice straight line. I thought I could just carry him until I got to the next turn but realized that wasn't a very good plan so I turned around hoping he'd follow me until he got home. I lost him at some point so I hope he found his way back home.  That little adventure turned out to be 4.57 miles so I didn't need to add an extra leg or anything to make up lost miles.

And later today the boys are going camping with Uncle Mark and Mark II so we've been zipping around packing for that. I think Ella and I will take a nap as soon as they leave. :)

Sunday is church and then I'm packing the bike and trailer in the car and going for a nice ride somewhere. And then we're taking another nap.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

hope youre having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails