You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ch Ch Ch Changes

You may have noticed some changes on my side bar for my 2010 race schedule. My last race was my half marathon on June 13th and I haven't raced since.  I was hoping to run Riley's Rumble Half Marathon later this month, but the heat and humidity have kept me from running anything longer than 6 miles so I"m completely unprepared for a challenging half under challenging conditions. I run because I love to, not to punish myself!

I added a 5K race to the schedule though. It's the Women's Distance Festival in Frederick which was my *first* race since I started running again. I finished that in just under 34 minutes after about 8 weeks of training so I'm excited to see how I do this year.

And finally this week was the end of Week 1 of my training for the Freedom's Run Half Marathon in October. I'm using Hal Higdon's Novice Half training plan again, but I am  seriously following the cross and strength training this time. My primary focus last time was to stay healthy and not get injured.  Now that the mental hurdle of running 13.1 miles has been cleared, I'm ready to kick it up a notch.

Thanks for joining me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails