You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, May 10, 2010

TOS Review- Beeyoutiful

I have had stomach 'issues' most of my life (thanks, Mom!) and have experimented over the years with different solutions. What seems to work the best for keeping me on an even keel is limiting my gluten and dairy intake. Much easier said than done...I *love* bread, grilled cheese sandwiches, cake...the list goes on! At this point, I simply live with a degree of stomach upset and consider it normal.

The TOS Crew was extremely blessed to be able to choose a product from Beeyoutiful to review.  The owners of Beeyoutiful believe that we are each responsible for our own health, and that while doctors are a wonderful resource, particularly for urgent situations, they are just one resource available to us. Their goal is  to help others gain and maintain good health by sharing the natural living tools that have worked well for their families. You can look through their long list of articles for information about everything from healthy recipes to uses for essential oils.

They offer so many great things that it was very hard to choose. Initially, I selected Tummy Tune-up for Shane. His tummy problems are related to Non-IgE-mediated food allergies*, but I thought this might help him.  After I received the bottle though, I decided  to try it for myself just to see if it would help me.

Tummy Tuneup is a combination of 8 different species of beneficial bacteria designed to support gastrointestinal health and immune system function. FOS is also included in this product to assist healthy growth of acidophilus and bifidus organisms. Because this capsule is enteric coated, Tummy Tuneup delivers its microflora directly to the intestine bypassing the harsh acidic conditions of the stomach.


The big issue for me was remembering to take it. So sad but true. You should take it before you eat, and I was very good about remembering I needed to take it after I ate.  I am very happy to report that on the days I remembered my Tummy Tune-up, my stomach really felt better. I won't go into the yucky details, but using Tummy Tune-up actually made a positive difference in how my digestive system performed. Though I found I needed to take it consistently for that to continue to be true - so 1 capsule a week didn't help me over the course of the week, but 1 capsule a day helped for that day.

You can buy a bottle of 60 Tummy Tune-up capsules for $18.00. Tummy Tune-up is also available as part of two packages they've put together to simplify your shopping- The Pregnancy Anti-Yeast Pack and The Anti-Yeast Pack.

Be sure to read reviews written by other TOS Crew members here.

*He has recently outgrown his wheat and corn allergies (though we have not been brave enough to give him actual corn or popcorn), and we are experimenting with his dairy allergy by giving him dairy products from time to time to see how he tolerates them. If you have a child with food allergies, consult your child's dr before introducing your child's allergens.

**I was given this product for free so that I may give my opinion of it. No other compensation was made.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails