You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hank's 5K Race Report

I lined up towards the back of the pack with my friends. Mom told me later that I should have been more in the front of the middle because I can run fast. (I also told him to ditch the sweatpants next time. They were thick and probably weighed 3-4 pounds!)

Dr. Mark said, "Ready, set, go!" and we all took off. At first I could barely run because there were so many people. I started to pass a lot of people and I took off .

We started in West Virginia and ran over to Maryland. We stayed in Maryland for a little bit and ran on the tow path. I finally got to the aid station and took a sip of water. I never stopped running.

I ran up the hill back to the bridge. I kept running fast and finally made it to the football stadium where the finish line was.

It was a hard race, but it was a lot of fun. Next time I want to do the 10K!

Finish Time: 28:37.5
Pace: 9:14
Age Rank: 13/25 M-1 to 13

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails