1. Tomorrow I'll run my first marathon!! My training has gone pretty well with no injuries or major set backs. Yay!
2. I'm a little worried because Ella has been coughing up a lung for more than a week - directly in my face as often as she possibly can, of course. I started OD'ing on Vitamin D and drinking hot green tea like liquid crack, but I feel like I'm on the cusp of the crud.
3. Last month I won a SpiBelt sponsored by Yo Momma Runs (Hi, Lisa!), but it hasn't arrived yet. Surprisingly this isn't unusual. You'd think companies would crank that stuff out the door while people are still giddy and happy so they'll tell everyone in the world how much they love the product. But most giveaways take f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to arrive. I may have to wear my granny fanny pack so I can carry all my crap with me.
4. I can't decide if I want to carry my handheld or not. The weather is supposed to be nice and cool but I'll still sweat like crazy I'm sure. The aid stations are every 3 - 4 miles which isn't bad, and I don't really drink all that much unless it's really hot and humid. I will - for sure - carry my Gu because the aid stations will have PowerGels which make me want to throw up in my mouth. Decisions, decisions.
5. My kids are all running, too. Hank = 5K. Ella and Shane = 1 mile fun run. Afterwards they all have football games. I'm going to sleep in the car. When I told Bill that I plan to be at their games, he looked at me like I was nuts. "You do realize you'll be really, really tired, right??"
5.5 Because I can't leave this out. A bunch of my friends are going to be running their FIRST 5k in the morning. I'm so stoked for them and sad that they'll be finished loooong before I will so I won't see them cross the finish. I got to do a handful of training runs with them and they are going to crush it! I can't wait to hear all about it from them!