You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, October 25, 2012

3 Things Thursday Medical Edition

What a week. I would love to have a Mulligan because it has been one crazy thing after another.

1. Hank has strep throat which is not unusual for him. He won't keep his hands off his face... despite the fact that I am constantly saying, "Please don't touch your face. Take your hands off your face. Do you not hear that I am talking to you?! Stop touching your face!!!! Now go wash your hands...with soap!"

Now it appears he's having a mild allergic reaction to his medicine. So we get to go back to the dr. We're so excited to spend our day doing this that we just can't wait to get out the door!

2. I mentioned in my race report that I had cramps in my feet. Well, my feet are still out of sorts. They'll cramp while I'm driving now too...that's some fun stuff right there. And my gastrocs and peroneus muscles are still sore. I have bruises on my calves where I've tried to find the trigger point(s). Both times I've tried to run I ended up with extreme knee pain on the inside of my right knee. I'm a mess, I know!

Maybe a trip to the Dead Sea would help?

Based on what I've been able to read at Sock Doc - in all my spare time - it could well be related to my lower back, glutes and hips. This happy little trio was the culprit in my IT problems.

So I've been looking for a good chiropractor since Sock Doc is too far away for me to visit. I have to figure out the insurance aspect of it too because I'm pretty sure Bill will have a cow if we spend another dime on my "running thing."

3. Aaaaand Point 2 leads me to the decision to pass on the Rosaryville 50K.  I'm disappointed and feel like if I could trade in my legs, the rest of me could nail it. I'm still hoping to do the First Descents Marathon in December. It's flat as a pancake, and at least part of it is on a packed dirt trail. Can't get any friendlier than that!


In spite of the craziness, 

1 comment:

The Green Girl said...

Good luck sorting it out. I've been working really hard to strengthen my glutes and loosen my hips. It appears to be working because I've been running pain-free with the exception of my Achilles issues. Still working on that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails