You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, April 07, 2012

Conquering Tres Diablos

You all know I live in the boonies, and the roads around here are all rolling hills which should mean that I'm a killer hill runner. But I'm not. The route I run most often has 3 [what I think are] huge hills.

The first one is .61 long and climbs 127 feet, the next one is just .34 long but climbs 117 feet, and then #3 is .56 long and climbs 138 feet. And they're in close succession, arriving at miles 3, 4 and 5 of this morning's run.

When I start up the first one, I always think to myself what a devil of a hill it is. So I named them Tres Diablos, the 3 Devils.

I have never, not once, been able to run up hills 2 and 3 without having to walk at least part of it.

This morning I not only ran up all 3 - WOOT! - I was able to run my whole route...no stopping at the top to keel over.

I really felt like I found my groove and could have run forever, but I had to stop at 8 miles so Bill could go to work so I finished up with 4 more on the treadmill.

Every weekend should start like this!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails