You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Cub Scout Service Project

One of the things I like about scouting is that the program works to instill a sense of community service in the boys. Our chartering organization (kind of like our sponsor) is a local church with a number of elderly members who aren't able to get out much. I thought it would be nice for the boys to make Thanksgiving cards for them so I contacted the outreach coordinator at the church to get it all organized.

I know grandparent-aged folks really enjoy kidmade cards and crafts so I looked at my favorite craft site- The Crafty Crow - for some ideas and decided this one would be easy and fun.


Most of the boys in our Pack are younger, and they looked like they enjoyed themselves. I was worried the older boys would be bored, but they really got into it too.

When it was over we created 39 cards.

I handed them off to the outreach coordinator who was completely thrilled with what the boys had accomplished.

A very simple thing that will have a positive impact on someone's life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails