You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 07, 2011

Stretch and Strengthen your Lower Body

Here's 3rd post on my stretching and strengthening exercises and these focus on the lower extremities but primarily the foot and ankle.

Pages 2 and 3 of my notebook, but we'll be looking more closely at page 3

Nothing special to note with this one.

With this one you want to be sure you...wait for it...don't arch your back. AND you want to be sure you don't cock your hip out to the side. Keep a nice straight line.
If you're feeling exceptional, close your eyes. Who knows, this could help you in the event you need to pass a field sobriety test?  (I do *not* condone driving under the influence of alcohol, just under the influence of children- which is probably more dangerous.)

Check yer back


As with all squats, you want to be sure your knee does not go beyond your toe


I don't have foam so I stand on a phone book. And you can do this one with your eyes closed too. You can; I can't. I fall over every time which is always good for a laugh.

So there you have it. All the exercises I do over the span of a day. My PT gave me about half of these just last Thursday so I have only done all three sets a few times. I haven't been able to do them all in one shot yet, though if I dragged my caboose out of bed earlier I probably could.

The box on the lower right corner of page 3 is for me to keep track of my bike miles. I don't always remember to go on Daily Mile every day to log them in, and if I don't write it down....I will forget.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and have no formal training (of any kind, not just medical). What I have posted should not be considered medical advice. If you are injured please visit your dr. I am simply relaying information that was given to me for my particular injury and rehabilitation.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

thanks for sharing!

Molly said...

the phone book is such a great idea!! The sobriety test bit cracked me up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails