You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, December 06, 2010

Murphy's Law

Murphy's Law tells us that if anything can go wrong it will. Now most of my days are *not* characteristic of this. Even with Shane's antics, my days are pretty smooth sailing - yes, I'm spoiled; though I prefer to think that I typically have a postitive outlook and see the glass as half full in spite of the crazy happenings of the day.

Thursday, however, was a Murphy's Law kind of day.  I had some pictures that I wanted put on the blog and while trying to do so I got a little message saying that I had reached my photo storage maximum for Blogger and I could purchase additional storage for $5 if I wanted to continue posting pictures. Say what?

I'm a cheapskate. Any money I spend on non-running stuff is less money I can spend on running stuff, and $5 is $5. Of course it's worth it in the end, and I did purchase more storage but it takes 24 hours for Blogger to update my account. Ok fine.

Then in the midst of checking my email I lost my internet connection. Deep breath in, exhale slowly. Bill tinkered with the stuff in the basement. No worky. So he called Comcast and here is what they told him.

You should have received a letter from us about this. Your cable modem has reached the end of its shelf life and needs to be upgraded.

Ok, so the cable modem that worked until YOU turned it off no longer works - because you turned it off - and we need to go stand in line for an hour to turn in a modem that worked just fine - until you turned it off - to get another modem?? Yes, that would be correct.

Lucky for them Bill was home and he handled it. I am not patient under the best circumstances. Insert arbitrary stupidity and I have to bite my tongue and sit on my hands. Thankfully no Comcast employees were harmed, yelled at or given the stink eye during the writing of this post.

And as you can see, I have internet again. And as is usual for us, we had a very busy, but fun, weekend so I have lots of catching up to do!

Update on Tuesday evening  - the USB thingy on my camera that connects to my computer to download pictures is now broken. I smell a conspiracy....or is that the dog??

2 comments:

Jen said...

I HATE COMCAST! We use verizon for everything now!

Unknown said...

Apparently, Murphy changed his law - you won my Fila contest!

Congratulations!

Please email me your address and pants size at questions@askwifey.com.

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails