You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, November 21, 2010

3 miles with my girlie

Saturday started with a 6 mile roundtrip bike ride to work at the JFK 50 aid station, and I still wanted to get at least a quick run in before the day ended. I admit I took a nap at some point in the afternoon and lost track of time.

It was around 4:45 by the time Ella and I headed out, and let me tell you the sun dropped out of the sky like a rock. It went from day to dusk to dark in no time flat.  I wasn't on the 'big' road for very long so I wasn't too concerned, but I wish I would have had the foresight to put on my reflective sleeves and give Ella a flashlight to hold.

At the top of the big hill at mile 2


She wanted to take a picture too

I haven't pushed the stroller on this particular route for a while and I was definitely feelin' it!  I'm also having trouble with major tightness in my calves, especially on hills. I had to stop twice to stretch which caused Ella to ask at least a million questions about why we stopped and how long it would take us to get home. She brought a book to read but couldn't see once it was dark so she was getting bored.

Overall, it was a fun run, and I'm always glad to spend time with my sweet girlie.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails