You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, September 13, 2010

How sweaty is sweaty?

Still more pictures from Jake's camera.  This was on 9/1. I was supposed to run 4.5 but one of my darlings lost his adorable little mind and we had to turn around early. I still managed to get in 4.15 so it wasn't a total loss.

It was hotter than hot and I was pushing the stroller with Ella Bella so I was sweating like crazy.  I realize 'sweaty' is a relative term.  Ella gets these cute little dots of sweat on the end of her nose and calls that sweaty.  Other people might have damp arm pits and call that sweaty.

I, on the other hand, can fill a kiddy pool with the amount that I sweat. It's so dainty and lady-like...NOT.  It literally drips from my elbows and forearms while I'm running.

When we ran this summer with Hank's track coach, I saw that I would have little rivers running down my shins while everyone else had the typical sweaty face to contend with. Thankfully Ella has Aunts Cindy and Helen to be examples of all things girly.

Hello? Is this thing on?
There's that kid again. :)

So anyhoo... I know my kids' memories will be filled with visions of mommy soaking wet and stinky. But I'm ok with that because they'll also remember that mommy got her tushy off the couch and hit the pavement and had a great time in the process.

1 comment:

Running Diva Mom said...

Hey Tracy! You've won something on my blog -- please check it out and send me your contact info. Congrats, and thanks for following my journey!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails