You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, July 01, 2010

My first brick

And I totally did it wrong, but live and learn!  I rode 10 miles towing two 40 pound kids in the trailer and then ran 2 miles. After some quick reading, I should have biked only 5-6 miles and run 1-2 miles. Oh well, at least I don't have a race coming up soon so my legs can recover.

Here we are at the beginning. You can't really see them, but I'm sporting a pair of the socks I won from Erin. Thanks again, Erin; I love them! 

The bike ride was uneventful until a day camp of ~50 kids came riding three and four abreast and didn't yield until I started shouting at them to move over. They were 'supervised' by two college guys who didn't give a hoot that they almost ran us off the trail. grrrrrr 

After the bike ride

My legs felt a little like jello when I started to run but started to feel more normal as I progressed. Though I did do a run/walk combination for most of the 2 mile run.

The kids rode their bikes as Jake walked with them while I was running. Shane wasn't ready to finish so Ella and I hung out by the truck. After I took the picture Ella said we were "biker, runner girls."


I plan to do more riding and even more bricks. It was a fun challenge, and I'd like to see myself doing better (plus I'm thinking a sprint tri would be kinda fun next year)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails