You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Weekly Recap

It was an interesting week of hit or miss workouts.

Monday I ran 5.2 miles at a 10:14 pace

Tuesday was 3.1 miles at a 10:29 pace

Wednesday we had plans to go to Southern Maryland but our original plans fell through. Hopefully I'll get the pictures off Jake's camera and post them because we had to resort to Plan B for the day which turned out to be pretty fun, too.

Thursday was supposed to be 5.2 miles but I barely made it halfway to 2.6 at a 10:43 pace. I also did 30 push ups and 110 situps (both done in halves morning and evening)

Friday I ran 3.1 miles at a 10:37 pace and did 30 push ups and 110 situps again.  I also signed up for the Inperspire Weekend Bootcamp...and counted those push ups and sit ups towards my Bootcamp totals! As of now (4:25pm on Sunday I have 200 squats and 300 jump ropes to go!).

Saturday Jake and I got up at 5 so I could run and be home in time for Bill to go to work. We headed to the tow path for 10-14 miles. Ten was the minimum I would be happy with and 14 was the plan if I felt really good. This is an out and back run and I don't have a GPS so I will only (happily) turn around at a mile marker so I know how far I've run. I should have turned around at mile 5 but I pressed on committing myself to 12 miles.

My runs on Thurs and Fri were pretty bad but this one took the cake!  I finished in 2:20 or an 11:37 pace. I was extremely thirsty the whole second half so I drank more than I usually do. I have to be careful though because my stomach becomes very unhappy if I eat or drink too much. I decided to drink more and just walk more often.

I had to stop once to get a boulder out of my shoe. I got a piece of bark in my other shoe but was only a quarter mile from the finish so I kept going. I now have the beginnings of blister on that foot.

The coup de grace of this fateful run was the new shirt I was wearing. It rubbed blisters at the neckline and under my arms. I didn't realize what it had done to my neck until I got in my nice hot shower. Ouch

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Don't wear new stuff on long runs. Bad, bad, bad. And ouch again...in case you missed it the first time I said it.

I finished the week with 26 miles. The plan for this week is 5miles Mon, 3 miles Tues, 5miles Wed, and 2 miles Thurs. 

Hank has a 1 mile race Friday night that I may do, and I'll finish up with 10 miles on Saturday...Bill said he'd ride with me this time. 5 am comes early so we'll see! 

One of my dearest friends is getting married Saturday evening so hopefully I'll tons of pictures of that. It's going to be a great week!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails