You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Unreached People and The Persecuted Church- Pt 2, What We Use

You can click here to read my first post explaining 'Why' we're teaching our children about unreached people and the persecuted church.

Below are some of the materials we use. I'll also note some things that I've either read about or friends have recommended to me. If you use something not listed, please leave a comment or send me an email; I'd love to add it to the list.

~ Our Bible, of course

~ Voice of the Martyrs has a childrens' section to their website called Kids of Courage

This site is rich with information and easy to navigate. We visit all parts of the site every now and then, but we visit these particular links most often:



* Downloadable activity books for 12 countries

~ The Usborne Encyclopedia of World Religions; this book is internet-linked so you have suggested websites with activities for the different religions discussed in the book.

~ The Joshua Project; tons of information for just about any people group you could ever imagine. This link gives you several options for added an unreached people of the day button to your blog.
~ Global Prayer Digest; daily prayer topics for different countries

~ Praying Through the 100 Gateway Cities; provides basic background info, information on the significance and history of the city and specific prayer points. It also provides an excellent explanation of the 10/40 window.

~ Ann Voskamp and Tonia Peckover are the authors of "A Child's Geography". I haven't used this, but I hear it is highly recommended.

~ YWAM has a unit study curriculum guide titled "Christian Heroes: Then & Now." I haven't used it but have heard positive things about it from friends who have.

So there's the list. It may seem like a lot of information, but I don't use all of it every day. I use these sites to gather information and plan activities once I've decided on a country or religion for us to focus on.

Next up is "How" we incorporate all this into our school day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails