You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, November 02, 2009

TOS Review ABC Teach Membership



I've been able to enjoy some really fun and useful items through the TOS Crew lately. The latest was a free 30 day membership to abc teach.

I had never heard of abc teach before. Crazy, I know! But I sure know about it now, and I have it bookmarked in my favorites.

You see, I'm not really a worksheet kind of homeschooler. I'd rather do stuff, like make a mud hut instead of read about it. We belong to a co-op that meets weekly, and it just so happened that I needed to plan 9 weeks of lessons for our pre-K - 1st graders using Five In A Row. Another shocker, I never used FIAR before now. You're beginning to doubt my validity as a homeschooler, aren't you? Don't give up on me yet! I'm still learning right alongside you. :)

Ok, back to abc teach. I needed to put together 9 lapbooks for a group of kids ages 3 to 6. The FIAR boards and Homeschool Share had a number of examples, but I found most of them were geared towards slightly older kids with lessons requiring more than one class sitting.

abc teach came to my rescue! I entered my subject into the search box and found all sorts of treasures. Coloring sheets, flags of countries and states, and worksheets galore. In fact abc teach boasts more than 5,000 FREE worksheets. Do you need a color by number worksheet? In Spanish, French or German? Bingo! (and yes, they have Bingo cards, too)

I found their site pretty easy to navigate, but there is a lot of information. If you're overwhelmed by all that they offer, you can watch a video tour of the site by clicking here.

They really have just about anything you could imagine needing. If they don't have it, you can use one of their tools to create your own.


With 5,000 free sheets, what's the benefit of membership? Oh, only an additional 30,000 sheets with new ones added each week, no ads on the member site, and customer service representatives who are always available to address your concerns and requests


A one year membership costs $40 per user or $70 for two years. Group memberships are also available at a discount.

You can click here to purchase your membership.

You can click here to read other reviews by TOS Crew members.

This product was provided to me for free so that I may use it and offer my honest opinion of it. No other compensation was received.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails