You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving was a little different this year... I dragged my whole family out of bed before the sun was up so Hank and I could go for a run. I signed Hank and I up for a local 'Turkey Trot' race. It was a pre-emptive strike against all the mashed potatoes and pie I knew I was gonna eat.

I did the 5k and Hank ran the 1k; next race though, he's running the 5k. There were tons of kids walking/running the 5k, and I totally think he can do it.

They had a very fun balloon arch with a balloon turkey on top for the start/finish.

Here's Hank bringin' it home

All the 1k kids got a medal and balloon.

Me and my favorite 7 y/o
We left from the race to go to DeeDee's where for the first time ever- we were early to a family party.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails