You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, March 05, 2009

My big 3 year old

It is so hard to believe Shane is 3. Actually if you know him, then you know it's hard to believe he's lived this long! 2 broken arms, 1 broken leg, food allergies and countless 'procedures' related to his allergies.

A friend of ours is a pilot and describes our little man as 'all thrust and no vector.' I'm not a pilot so I don't know what the heck 'vector' is but I'm thinking it means, this kid never slows down.

He climbs like a monkey, runs like a deer, laughs like a hyena, tackles like a bull, has a temper like I've never seen and gives the absolute best hugs and kisses.

It's not like we didn't have any warning he'd be a handful. I had morning sickness so bad, there were days I was so weak that I could hardly stand. Preterm labor, not once but twice. And when he decided he was truly ready to make his escape, he did so with gusto. He arrived 2 hours after my first contraction. It was a good thing we didn't tarry or some poor state trooper would have had the honor of delivering him (Bill would have been passed out on the road...unless he crawled to the grassy shoulder before keeling over).

Despite the manic-level of excitement he adds to my days, I can't imagine a minute without my little squishy-lipped muffin. We love you baby Shane!

Hammering nails on his new workbench
Hiding under the cake table

Waiting, waiting to blow out the candles

Cheeseburger deluxe

Waiting for Aunt Honey and Jenny. Get used to waiting on girls, Shane. We take time to do things, but we're worth the wait. :)

This is his "I love DeeDee so I'll wear my funny party hat" smile

Ready, set

Blow!

Ta Daaa!
Couldn't you just eat him with a spoon! He's so stinkin' cute!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails