You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Head West Young Man!

This week is the Oregon Trail so we've watched a video about pioneer life on the trail and read A Frontier Fort on the Oregon Trail. I requested a stack of books at the library and then forgot Monday was a holiday so we're a little behind on our reading.

Anyhoo, we talked about what they took on the trail and I told the kids to pretend we were leaving our home to go on an adventure. I told them to think about what they'd take with them.

Hank's List:
1. a map
2. bow and arrow
3. an ax
4. pink medicine (amoxicillin, yea he's never had an ear infection...sigh...)
5. chocolate milk

and he'd carry his Bible in his pocket

Ella's list:
1. a Barbie
2. school work (my jaw is still on the floor...she's volunteering to take schoolwork??)
3. cereal (she and daddy have cereal together before he goes to work)
4. her baby with a suitcase
5. her Bible

Ella chose My Little Ponies to pull her wagon
Mulan is at the helm with Hank's 'best horse' (the black one, lower left) leading the whole wagon train. Hank volunteered to be the last wagon so he could keep an eye out for bad guys.
Other side. Hank's drawing is of Indians hunting buffalo


Who's peeking?


The very proud creaters


2 comments:

Becca said...

oh my goodness, I love the My Little Pony wagon-hauling horses!

*~*~* Tracy said...

I loved the motto she drew on the side "I <3 Princesses" Can't you see a group of pioneers trodding across the plains with pictures of princesses painted on the side!

She's just so stinkin' cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails