You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Almost there!

The National Building Museum is just a few blocks from daddy's office. I haven't been there in years and I don't think I ever took Jake so the 'kid aspect' of the visit was new to me.

They have a super cool playroom in there. Who woulda thunk? It has a playhouse, dress up, blocks, books, you name it. Needless to say I was very happy to see it. I could park my buns and rest and the kids were confined but happily playing.

I should note (more so that I remember years from now) that Ella is quite the social butterfly. I think I could drop her on the moon and she would find someone to be her friend. It's very cute to watch. And then later hear all about it, "Mommy, did you see my new friends?" Such an adorable little peanut. :)

There's a little fountain in the lobby. Can you see the wheels in his mind turning? He was excited to see that there were coins in the fountain.


They have a little cafe in the museum and the lobby is open and enormous. I hadn't planned on us being there so late so I didn't have anymore food for the big kids. Thankfully I rarely leave home without extra food for Shane, which was a good thing in this case. The only thing they had that he could eat was dry, bland egg salad. blech!
I didn't realize the museum closed at 5 so we finished our snack and they booted us (very politely) out. We still had an hour and it was getting dark. We read and re-read the map, but we'd have to head back to the mall if we wanted to do anything else. I decided I better not press my luck and we went to daddy's building to wait for him...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails