You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fireworks






I have a phobia about fireworks; I love to watch them, but from way far back. I always imagine someone is going to be blown to smithereens so my poor kids have never been able to run with sparklers or the other exploding firey stuff.

Fast forward to this year....we were down at the Machen homestead and Bill's cousin had sparklers for the kids. Before I knew where everyone had gone and could catch up with them (Carrying Shane slowed me down!)...my babies were running like happy maniacs with sparklers. No one died or even came close to being blown up. It was pretty cool.

So the next week Bill ran out and spent their college fund on fireworks. It took us 2 nights to light them all. Hank and Shane dove in head first with excitement. Jake and Ella weren't so sure at first. But in the end a good time was had by all.
And Shane caught his first firefly without squashing it. The last picture is him showing Jake his prize.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails