You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Grains and Dairy on the chopping block

After nailing sweets to the floor, I decided it was time to step it up and drastically limit my grain and dairy intake to 1 serving a day for each.

Nothing grows a love for leafy veggies, fruit and protein like a rumbling tummy. And I've been rewarded with a 5 pound loss so I can now stand comfortably in my jeans. If I lose another 5, I'll be able to sit *and* talk at the same time in them. Yay!

Again, the idea isn't self flagellation but rather to retrain the taste buds to love veggies over bread and mountains of yummy cheese, to happily munch celery with almond butter instead of reaching for chips and dip, and in general crave whole foods over processed ones.

This is huge for me because I love - actually love isn't a big enough word to hold how I feel - LOVE grilled cheese sandwiches...as in if I was on death row I would wrestle mightily between choosing a grilled cheese sandwich or a steak for my last meal.

Anyway, my plan is to do this for the month of January and then reintroduce only gluten free or soaked grains and still limit my dairy to no more than 2 servings a day. I have noticed an improvement on my stomach problems. I haven't been running a whole lot, but I haven't had any issues on the runs I've managed to squeeze in so far.

Unfortunately, I'm just not one of those people who can eat anything, exercise and maintain a healthy weight. I have to watch my diet and exercise like mad just to maintain, not lose. That's not my preference, but I have to work with what I have!





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails