You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Time keeps on ticking

It has been a while since I've updated the blog. My dad passed away unexpectedly in November. Thankfully I was able to get to Texas before he died. Sadly he was already unresponsive before I arrived.

I was away for 15 days, and when I got home I had to dive headfirst back into schooling Ella and Hank as well as preparing for some semblance of Christmas.

His passing was harder than I expected. The whole process, ICU, Hospice, funeral home, was harder than I imagined it could be. Of course I knew I'd be sad. I just didn't expect to be strolling along and suddenly hear a song or remember something from my childhood and begin bawling.

Days after I returned from Texas, I learned that the receptionist at the kids' dentist office was murdered. We've been a part of the practice almost since the doors opened for business so while we weren't personal friends, it was a terrible blow to hear not only that she had died but how.

Then the Newtown tragedy and the past 6 weeks have been hard to say the least.  I haven't felt like I was ready to just start writing about the mundane happenings of our life.

Things are returning to normal here. We made it through Christmas, though I had to bail on our last service at church because hearing the songs my dad used to sing was too much. I should mention he had an amazing voice and sang quite a bit, especially at Christmas and Easter.

The kids are getting  back on track [sort of] for school. I've been working on clean eating and getting my butt back in gear. So we are in process....one step at a time...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails