You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, October 08, 2012

Happy Things

Miss Zippy had a fun post a couple of days ago....What makes you happy in life? This was really timely for me. As a family we're in the midst of a challenging season, and quite frankly I don't exactly 'feel' happy a lot of the time.
 
But
 
I have a lot to be happy about. A lot to be very grateful for so it was good for me to actually reflect on and think about those things. Soooo in no particular order - except the first one because it's pretty important to me. :D
 
I'm very grateful for grace and the boundless love of God
 
 
 
He's a good egg and he's trying to wrap his head around my 'running thing'

Having a 'family place' in such a beautiful setting. I love Broomes Island

Kayaking on the Pax River in Broomes Island

My kids make me very happy, and I love that they're willing to try new things

and go outside their comfort zone...and then succeed!

I love living in the country
 
and still being close enough to DC to visit whenever we like

 
Old friends
 
 
New friends

 
My family
 
Bill's family

I love that my kids are patriotic. We live in a great country!

Running friends who challenge and encourage me

I love that our life is crazy-enough-to-be-interesting

and that my kids each have a wonderful sense of humor



I love that my family enjoys be outside and active

I love that we have the option to homeschool and that I can stay home with my kids

See? Lots of good stuff happening here every day, and that's what I need to focus on.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails