You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, May 04, 2012

Friday Five

1. With the crazy high pollen levels I've had chronic post nasal drip. Fun! Not. This has caused what feels like the beginning of a sinus infection. My throat hurts. My eyes are marshmallows. My ears hurt. No fever so maybe it's just all pollen. Maybe I'm dying. Who knows.

What I do know is this

2. I offered to run with a friend on Sunday. She's running the Frederick Half Marathon and she's injured so I offered to tag along and keep her company for about 6 or so miles. Of course her injured pace is darn near my race pace which makes me nervous because of #1.

3. I'm hoping the nose thing clears up because the Harpers Ferry Half is next week. I may have mentioned a thousand times that it's hilly so being able to breathe will be important. I've doubled up on my Vitamin D. I hope it helps.

4 and 5 since it's so long - I won a race entry to the North Face Endurance Challenge - DC in a giveaway hosted by Tonia at RacingWithBabes. The race is actually in northern VA and not too far from where I live. This is all very cool.

The distances that are still available are the marathon (never ran one before), the 50k (never ran one of these either) and the 50 miles (nope, have never run this far). Oh, and the race weekend is June 2-3. That's about a month from now.

You may be wondering why the heck I entered the giveaway if I can't cover the distance. Well, when I entered, the 5k, 10k and half marathon were all open and I was banking on running whichever of those was available.

The good thing is it looks like they'll let me run the half. I'm waiting to hear back from the 'special entries' person who is currently working at the Bear Mountain, NY race.

I wasn't even aware of this race series, but I am super excited for the opportunity. It looks really fun and exciting, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

misszippy said...

Great news on the half!

Yes, the pollen is awful right now, and I don't even have allergies! I hope you find some relief asap. Have fun at Frederick!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails