You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, May 19, 2011

3 Things This Rainy Thursday

1. It's raining here today. It rained here yesterday and the day before and the day before that. Rain makes my frizzy hair even frizzier. I'm ready to see the sun again, please. A friend of mine joked that we need not wonder what it's like to live in the rain forest any longer. It's crazy, but I suppose we'll be glad come August when we're in the midst of a summer drought and we don't have to worry about the well running dry. (country folk like us don't have (accesss to) city water)

Thankfully the baseball game wasn't rained out. Ella calls her glove her 'hand thingy.' Perpetual girlie girl!


2. I opted for crutches over a boot for my foot. I use them when I need to walk very far, so for things like running errands, going to baseball games where Bill might park 1/2 a mile from the gate or to track practice where the track is almost a 1/4 mile from the parking lot. Crutches over a long distance are not for wimps, and my arms should be much more muscular when this is done. And my hip seems to be behaving which was the reason for choosing the crutches.

My foot is feeling better when I walk and I can put a little pressure on the ball of my foot without awful pain. The actual spot is still tender to the touch so I'm still taking it easy. I can ride my bike; I put the pedal in my arch behind the ball of my foot. Cyclists please tell me if that's going to cause some weird imbalance which will lead to injury.

Picking daddy up from the train station last week. They're so stinkin' cute!

3. The end of the schoolyear is insane, and my brain is very tired. Wrapping up stuff for this year while planning for next year is very thought-intensive. Shane starts K next year, and I want to have all my ducks in a row because he is not one to sit and wait for me to xerox his worksheet or gather his art supplies.

Adding to that stress is some family stress that bothers me way more than I should let it...and the fact that I've let it bother me, bothers me. know what I mean? And I'm an emotional eater so the last couple of weeks have been really tough. I'm afraid to get on the scale.

3.5 I don't want to end on a downer note so I'll add that I'm reading a couple of books about triathlon training (Triathlon 101 and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Triathlon Training), and I'm excited about the possibility of a Sprint Tri in the fall. We have a couple of lakes within an hour drive, and they have swim areas roped off and a lap lane roped off within that. So I can swim a little while the monkeys play on the beach during mommy-imposed 'adult swim time' (in life vests because they don't swim well and I'm neurotic). I'm really looking forward to summer!

One of Ella's (washable) paint creations on our front porch. Happy, happy

4 comments:

misszippy said...

Glad the foot is feeling better for you! Progress is all it takes to make you feel better mentally.

Where do you have a lake where you can swim? I love lakes but didn't know there were any remotely close!

The Green Girl said...

I put the pedal in my arch behind the ball of my foot.

Um, are we not supposed to do that?

*~*~* Tracy said...

[I put the pedal in my arch behind the ball of my foot.

Um, are we not supposed to do that?]

Hmmm... I dunno. I usually pedal with the ball of my foot and maybe a bit of my toes..which is probably wrong, but it's how I've always done it

Tri-friends, what say you?

*~*~* Tracy said...

I answered Miss Zippy's question on my phone which sent an email to her directly when I meant to post it here...multi-tasking doesn't always work for me. :)

The two lakes near here that have swimming are Greenbriar State Park and Cunningham Falls State Park. Hopefully I'll have tons of photos and great stories of my amazing swimming to share all summer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails