You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, April 01, 2011

Random update

I just realized I haven't updated my blog in almost 2 weeks. Believe me it's not because nothing is happening around here. Quite the contrary...it's crazy busy. But it's just the stuff of life and nothing really exciting or newsworthy.

Yep, we are B.O.R.I.N.G lately

Though I did do some serious schmoozing to make connections and organize a conservation project for our Cub Scout Pack, more on that later - the date of the project is 4/16.  I also reached out to someone who is going to come to a Den meeting to teach our boys how to play marbles and then they'll have a little marbles tournament in May.

This probably doesn't sound like a big deal to most people, but I'm not the type of person who is comfortable reaching out and meeting new people. I've been working on that though, and I try to purposefully put myself in situations where I have to so I'm getting (a little) better at it.

We're also in the throes of planning for homeschool next year (oh yea, I've been educating 2 little people in the midst of it all) so that brings lots of reading/curriculum research and emails to hs friends with questions. Also, the co-op we've been in for the past 4 years has pretty much dissolved and is sort of being rebuilt with different families. I say 'sort of' because at this point everything is up in the air.

This caught me offguard and I was hurt by the lack of communication about it...I likened it to when the Baltimore Colts snuck out of town in 1984...so I've had to talk to Bill quite a bit to sort it out in my mind and heart. In the end, I feel confident that it's a good thing and I'm getting excited for next year.

We're planning to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival Saturday afternoon. I wish we could go Sunday to spectate the 10 Miler but we can't so I'll have to settle for cheering from afar and reading race reports next week.  It looks like Sunday will be the only day with good weather so it should be a great day for a race.

Good luck to everyone running!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails