You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, February 28, 2011

Cub Scouts Blue and Gold Banquet

Saturday was Hank's Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts. This is a pretty big deal because it's when all the boys get their badges for the rank they just completed. That means that my little Hankster has completed everything he needed to complete for the Bear rank.

It's also when the Webelos (older boys) who have earned it, are awarded their Arrow of Light. This is really a big deal because it's the only - or one of the few, I don't remember - awards that a boy can earn as a Cub Scout and still wear on his uniform as an adult.

Bill was the photographer/Shane-watcher so we don't have many good pictures unfortunately. But here's Hank getting his awards.


There were some complications late in the planning process so I volunteered to make the centerpieces and do the set up. It's funny how I can picture something in my mind and it seems so simple - only to have it be waaaay more involved than I could imagine! That was the centerpieces!

Hank with one of his buddies

It was a little bittersweet. My baby will be a Webelos next year. Which means he's practically a Boy Scout. Which means he's practically grown! I don't know if I can handle this! They're growing up way too fast for me. Good thing I'm not getting any older. That would really do me in!
The wonderful centerpieces. Tell me they're beautiful and the most amazing piece of work you've ever seen!

We hired a magician* for our after dinner entertainment (sounds so sophisticated!), and he was really good. Very corny but the kids totally loved him, and he had everyone - kids to grownups - laughing up a storm.

Another very fun, very busy Saturday!

*If you're local and need entertainment for a kid's party, I recommend him. He was really nice and did a great job with the kiddos. His name is Benjamin Corey.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails