You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, February 19, 2011

At the feeder

Late last week we saw a male red-winged blackbird at the back yard feeder, but our blonde tornado scared it away and we didn't see it again until Wednesday and in the front yard. 

Feed me!!

It's interesting that for such a prolific bird, we actually see very few of them in our yard, though I do see them near a pond that I run by on the other side of the highway.

I didn't realize that the females don't look anything like the males - they're usually more subdued than the males, but these girls look like some sort of sparrow to me...
© Matt MacGillivray, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, April 2008


Now I know and so do you!

1 comment:

Molly said...

cool! We have an owl that lives in our wooded back yard in the summertime, can't wait for him to come back : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails