You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My little Bear

Our schedule has never allowed for too many extra activities until this year so we're loading up on the fun. Hank is a very outdoorsy little guy; he loves to hike, fish and camp so Cub Scouts fits him like a glove.

My little monkey is now a Bear in the Cub Scouts. He's so stinkin' cute!  I don't think he's worn a pair of jeans since April so he squeezed into these.



There are about 7 other boys in his Bear Den. I don't think there's anything cuter or louder than a roomful of 8 y/o boys and the Den leader is really patient with their silliness.

They're learning what to do in an emergency for their Be Ready award. For boat safety the take away was 'stay with the boat'. The things they came up with were so funny.

"What if there's a shark?" Stay with the boat.
"What if lightning strikes and my head explodes?" Stay with the boat.
"What if an alligator eats my leg off?" Stay with the boat

And so on.

I think he's going to really enjoy Scouts; I think I will, too. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails