You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Trip to the Machen homestead

The first day there we just played on the beach and relaxed

We brought one of Hank's friends with us
Everything was groovy until Ella and Shane got stung by a sea nettle. I've been going to "The River" since I met Bill and never, ever have had anyone in my care get stung by a sea nettle. Ever.


Ella got just a little sting. The crazy thing wrapped itself around Shane's wrist and stung the dickens out of him. Outwardly trying to stay calm, I was inwardly freaking out. I figured it would be my luck for him to be allergic to them. Thankfully all that fretting was for naught. I slathered him in Benedryl cream and he was fine.

Later that night we headed to Cove Point to the playground where they got to run off some extra energy. It's always fun to run like monkeys.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails