You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer To Do list

I realize it's been a while since my last post (well, except the one I just did). School is mostly out. Jake is finishing Geometry and the kids are going to do some math and phonics so they don't forget all the great things they learned. We're also doing the reading program at our local library, and I have some fun science and nature things I'd like to do as well.

In the meantime, I've been doing my annual purge and massive clean. So far I've deep cleaned and reorganized 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, and 4 closets.

I was scrubbing the carpet in the back hallway and being that close to the walls made me realize that I can't live with my mangy walls any longer so they have to be painted. While I'm at it (of course) I might as well paint the front hallway. And why not the kids bathroom and the stairwell to the basement? See? This is how it always starts...

The basement is a work in progress. Though we've made quite a bit of progress. I have 10 (yes, really) 50 gallon trash bags filled, lined up waiting their turn to be snuck into the regular trash so the poor guys who pick up our trash don't die (or call Social Services, because what kind of people can have *that* much junk??)

Somewhere in all this we need to get started on building the chicken coop. My babies are quickly outgrowing their temporary home so we better get ourselves in gear or we'll have a chicken revolution on our hands.

We'll manage to squeeze some fun in there, too so stay tuned. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails