You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Nature table....Do you have one???

I have a handful of blogs I follow for school and craft ideas. It seems all the really cool moms have nature tables.

We had one too, before I knew what it was. Just a little table in the dining room to hold the little treasures we find on our adventures.

We had too many treasures to fit on our little side table - and I felt a little weird having all this dirty (but very cool!) stuff in the dining room. So Jake and I dragged one of Grandpop's trunks up from the basement and put it in the school hallway. Now we have room for even more cool stuff and I have a basket next to it with all their journals, field guides and binoculars. Organized + Accessible = Happy mommy

Hank found both robin's nests that are there. He also found a perfect, mint condition, gorgeous (can you tell I was impressed??) Goldfinch nest. This baby was stunning. One of the dogs ate it. Literally, there were only crumbs on the floor. The guilty party will remain nameless but SHE also ate part of one of the robin's nest. I thought Hank was either going to cry or kill her..in the end he cried. Sad day in the Machen house. :(

But we reassured him, we would continue to look for more feathers and nests. He was only mildly appeased. Perhaps he's still harboring murderous thoughts?? I know I was....
Wednesday at co-op Mrs H walked the kids through a drawing of a wild turkey as we studied a little about James Audubon. She was concerned Ella, as the youngest in the class, wouldn't be able to keep up. Well Mrs H didn't know that my little peanut is an Arteest. As Ella was drawing with her classmates, she loudly and proudly proclaimed, "I'm an artist, ya know." More on that later...

On the lower left, is actually Hank's drawing. Ella's turkey is surrounded by flowers because, "turkeys like flowers because they're pretty and smell good." You didn't know that did ya?

And this camera fiend popped up while I was trying to take the above picture. He looks a little battle worn. He scratched himself while sleeping last night (I guess he needs a manicure), he jabbed his upper gum while brushing and made it bleed- a lot. And those red cheeks are a result of a bite of ice cream and a lick of a cheesey bagel bite - 2 days ago. I won't describe his diapers for you- and thank goodness he's still in diapers. :) All in all another exciting, crazy week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails