You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First day??

Last week was supposed to be our first day of school, but Shane got hurt while playing (yes, again) and we spent a day at the dr and the rest of the week feeling the ripple effect of that.

So we postponed until today. Bill graciously took the 3 littles to the Machen Compound so Jake and I could spend the day getting him set up and on the right track. Excellent way to spend the day and I began yesterday afternoon thinking I may not die of exhaustion this year afterall.

Bill called on the way home and I could hear Hank crying in the background. Ear ache - again. Never mind that he's had *3* sets of tubes and his GIGANTOR adenoids removed. I braced myself for an allnighter. We dosed him with some leftover drugs and blessedly he snoozed all night.

Oh, and Shane is still really favoring his right leg, wouldn't walk a lot of the time they were at Broomes Is, and he's pointing his foot out and not straight. I forgot to mention it's also time for his dental checkup which I crazily scheduled for today! Ok, that's just 3 needed dr appts in one day. No biggie right?

Thankfully the dr could see Hank this morning, the ortho can see Shane tonight, and the dentist agreed to reschedule for tomorrow. Piece of cake BayBee!

Well, sort of...Daddy is taking Shane to his appointments. Sigh of relief...because Shane,while extremely adorable, is extremely a handful.

Total strangers can sense it and let me know...in case I missed it somehow. "Wow, he's cute. Look, honey, isn't that little boy cute? Oh but he looks like a handful. He's trouble isn't he? Oh but so cute!" and so on.

The little man was sent to sit on his bed this afternoon. He was a screaming maniac and I needed to clean up before sending everyone to nap. Naively, I thought he really had gone to sit on his bed. I moseyed back to the bedrooms and found my little monkey on the changing table.

That stuff all over his legs, hands and arm?? Aquaphor...which is a fancy way of saying really expensive vaseline. He also used some of his sister's hair detangler. Last time he got a hold of that stuff, he unscrewed the top and poured it out in the door way of the bathroom. So I guess this time I caught him before he could really unleash his powers of destruction.

So, cute? Yes. Handful? Most definitely. Keeper? You bet!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails