You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, June 05, 2008

We were outside playing while daddy was using his newly repaired weed whacker.

here they are in the field next to the house.

We made a teepee with bamboo poles and have bean plants at the base. The tornado-force winds from yesterday sent our poles sailing so we need to rebuild. The idea/hope is to have the beans grow up the poles and make a cool little teepee for the little kids while providing fresh beans for us.



here I hammered in more poles for beans. Once they grow up the poles I want to run twine across the top to make a bean pergola. Again fun for the littles, food for the rest of us. :)
Oh, the owl's name is Charles. He is hopefully scaring away the birds that are watching our blueberries and raspberries ripening as well as the rabbits enjoying my tomato plants.
Ok, so I sound like I'm 80 years old and garden all the time. Or maybe like Bill Murray in Caddyshack plotting how to kill the gopher (rabbit/bird) that plagues me. Wow...I really need to get out more!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails