You must do the things you think you cannot do.
~
Eleanor Roosevelt

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fit Momma - Week 6

I'm writing this on Thursday night while watching the women's snowboarding Olympic competition. I could totally do that. Ok, you're right; I absolutely couldn't. It's fun to watch though.

Back to Fit Momma stuff. I'm writing this early because I'm leaving really early tomorrow for Florida and won't be back until late Monday. I am completely excited about this trip. I could potentially see green grass and maybe even the sun! I can't wait!

Let's switch it up a bit and talk about nutrition first. I decided to start keeping a food diary to keep track of what I'm eating. It has been very eye opening...I eat a lot, more than I should actually. I wonder how much easier it would be to run if I used a little (no, a lot!) more self control thus losing a few extra pounds. Interesting theory...I may have to try it out. My water intake has been pretty good, not quite what it should be, but I'm making progress in the right direction.

Exercise-wise I feel like I'm continuing to struggle to get back to the same level of fitness I was at before I sprained my ankle. I'm definitely running slower but still plugging along. Forward progress is good and I'm glad for it.

I was able to follow my training plan and run the days and distances I'm supposed to run (if you're interested, you can take a look at my "DailyMile" widget to check my weekly total). I'm going to rest tomorrow because I'm supposed to run 6 miles on Saturday. Hopefully the logistics work out though I'm holding those plans loosely.

All in all a good, productive week!

Be sure to check Denise's blog so you can see what the other Fit Mommies are doing.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Have a great trip:) It sounds like you are really enjoying the exercise--the food diary is a very good idea.

Michelle Smith said...

Have a great trip! I hope you get that 6 mile run in! I understand about discovering you eat too much. I am still nursing my little one, and I find myself hungry sometimes when I try to eat well. Then I have to snack, though I try to make healthy choices. Sigh.

Mrs. White said...

Sounds like you are doing great!

Enjoy Florida!!

Blessings,
Mrs. White

author said...

Have a fabulous trip! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you return! :)

You're supposed to run 6 miles today?! Gee whiz, girl! I felt pretty snazzy riding my recumbent bike for a whole 12 miles but the thing is---I'm SITTING! LOL Running? I'd be lucky to make it a block! LOL

You're so inspirational, Tracy. Keep up the great work! PS: Love the idea of a food diary. I should do that...hmm...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails